Static simulator for training MT-LB driver-mechanic is designed to develop skills in dealing with MT-LB controls and machines based on them, study of the sequence and correctness of the actions of the driver-mechanic when driving a combat vehicle at the initial stage of learning to drive in a classroom enrivronment.
The MT-LB simulator includes a computer-mechanical model of MT-LB driver-mechanic control gears and special software.
Computer-mechanical model of MT-LB driver-mechanic control gears
Designed to study the sequence and correctness of the actions of the driver-mechanic when driving a combat vehicle at the initial stage of learning to drive. The mock-up ensures compliance of the sizes and placement of the equipment with the real sizes and an arrangement of the basic control elements of the driver-mechanic and also provides conformity of ranges of movement, efforts and response of mock-ups of control gears (levers, pedals, switches) to characteristics of the real equipment of MT-LB.
The mock-up includes steel frame, table, driver’s seat, control levers, gear lever, acceleration pedal, clutch pedal, brake pedal, parking brake switch, computing block, main monitor, auxiliary monitor with touchscreen technology, keyboard, mouse, acoustic system.
Specialized software is designed for:
- to study the sequence and correctness of the actions of the driver-mechanic when driving a combat vehicle at the initial stage of training how to drive
- preparation and control of training tasks, ensuring control of the level of knowledge acquired by cadets by performing test tasks
The software includes specialized programs and electronic libraries, which are designed for:
- principles of operation of units, assemblies and systems of MT-LB
- simulation and reproduction of interactive tasks corresponding to combat vehicle driving exercises
- integrated 3D simulation of training and combat conditions, close to real with the use of various scenarios of air and ground conditions, simulation of actions of allied and enemy units and equipment controlled by artificial intelligence, application of various training conditions, including choice of territory, terrain, seasons and time of day, as well as environmental effects such as rain, snow, wind, fog or smoke
- modeling according to the physical laws of ballistics of projectiles and bullets, the action of ammunition on equipment and manpower, the movement of wheeled and tracked vehicles on different types of terrain, considering obstacles to approach reality
- integrations to the highest-level training simulation systems with ability for a data transfer of the status and tasks performance, combination of the same type and/or different types of training systems (integrated simulators) in a single information environment
- enabling the interaction of the MT-LB simulator with other simulators within a single simulation space of the real-time combat environment VBS using the standard data exchange protocol used in NATO countries – STANAG 4603
- preparation and control of the implementation of training tasks
- checking the level of knowledge acquired by cadets
- documenting the progress and results of tasks