About the simulator
The full mission KrAZ-6322 driver training simulator is designed to:
- simulate and model the operation of the vehicle’s components, units, and systems as experienced by the driver behind the wheel, reproducing the physical movement of the vehicle on various terrains and when overcoming obstacles
- train the basic skills in handling the controls of the KrAZ-6322
- train truck driving skills for regular and extreme and emergency situations
- prepare and control training scenarios and tasks for KrAZ-6322 drivers in a complex virtual simulation training environment, taking into account the time of year, time of day, weather conditions, different road surfaces within and outside cities, off-road areas, the movement of other traffic, traffic lights, movement of pedestrians, and other elements essential for a fully comprehensive driver training experience
The simulator includes replica of the driver’s cab, an instructor’s workplace and specialized licensed software.
KrAZ-6322 driver’s cab replica
Located on a responsive platform the cabin replica convincingly mimics the dynamic motion of the KrAZ-6322 when driving by reproducing the inclinations and the effect of loads when accelerating, braking, cornering, and overcoming obstacles. Inside the cab, the controls, instrument panel, gauges, banners, labelling and instrument lighting all correspond with those if the real KrAZ-6322 truck. Designed to train cadets and other learner drivers.
Designed to facilitate the learning process, establish a scenario of tasks, and supervise the actions of students. Furnished with multimedia equipment that reproduces the view from the driver’s cab, the layout and status of the controls, and an overview of the vehicle in 3D camera mode.
Special licensed software
A set of software modules, each with its own dedicated functions:
- “Combat simulation module” – is responsible for the formation of virtual reality in the software environment, modeling the environment (terrain), as well as virtual combat vehicles and their controls
- “SATURN” program (system of administration and management of distributive training) – creates a database of cadets, stores data on cadets’ training and results, authorizes software users
- “CrewSim” program – simulates weather conditions in the training environment, and simulates vehicle system failure